Forte - Protein Support Formula
Forte transforms perioperative supplementation strategy for sarcopenic and malnourished surgical patients. The typical supplements are too high in simple sugars which actually impairs the benefits of protein supplementation for this population. Similarly, inclusion of supplements such as arginine, glutamine, and omega 3 fatty acids have not demonstrated efficacy in a variety of surgical populations in recent prospective randomized trials. Forte relies on lower dose maltodextrin, whey (high percentage of leucine), citruliine, and Vit D to support both muscle protein synthesis and arginine bioavailability. Forte is scientifically designed for optimal surgical recovery in a fashion consistent with today’s surgical and anesthesia perioperative guidelines.
- L-Citrulline, demonstrated to maintain serum levels of arginine, support improved ARG/ADMA ratios, and reduce insulin resistance
- Maltodextrin, demonstrated to improve insulin sensitivity in surgical patients compared to simple sugars (sports drinks and fruit juices), which cause spikes in glucose and insulin; reduced levels to avoid interference with muscle protein synthesis
- Whey protein based- for optimal support of muscle protein synthesis, particularly in sarcopenic patients.and at risk surgical populations.
- Vitamin D for support of optimal muscle protein synthesis.
- Vitamin K2 for restoration of mitochondrial function and production of mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate to increase the function of muscle with high mitochondrial content (ie, skeletal and cardiac muscle).
- Powder form for easier storage and distribution to patients; lower net cost
- Gluten Free
Single Serving Packet: $6.95
FTE15: 1-3 Box(es): $6.50 ea / $78.00 box
FTE12: 4-6 Boxes: $5.95 ea / $71.40 box
FTE12: 7+ Box: $4.95 ea / $78.00 box
FTE180: Master Case: $3.50 ea / $42.00 box / $504.00 case
|Serving Size: 1 level scoop (~26g)
Servings Per Container ~24
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 100||Calories from Fat 0|
|Vitamin A 0%||Vitamin C 0%|
|Calcium 15%||Iron 2%|
|Vitamin D 150%||Vitamin K 200%|
|Not a significant source of total fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, total carbohydrate, dietary fiber, sugar, vitamin A, or vitamin C.|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
|Ingredients: Whey Protein Concentrate (Whey Protein and Soy Lecithin), L-Citrulline, Medium Chain Triglycerides (Medium Chain Triglycerides, Maltodextrin), Cane Sugar, Natural Flavors, Stevia, Monk Fruit, Silica, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), Vitamin K2 (Menaquinone).
Contains: Milk and Soy
|200% DV Vitamin K, 1200mg Leucine and 600IU Vitamin D3 per serving|
|Instructions: Mix 1 packet of Forte in 4-6 ounces of water. Note: it is normal for some particles to remain after shaking/stirring thoroughly. Consult your physician for more detailed Instructions.|
|Allergen Warning: This product is processed in a facility that also processes Milk, Eggs, Fish, Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soy.|